CHRIS Lynn’s “no diving” policy is here to stay, but the big-hitting Queenslander is out to prove he can be an international force for Australia.

Lynn will play his first domestic one-day game since 2013 in Townsville on Sunday when Queensland takes on Victoria in the opening of the JLT Cup.

It will be a significant moment for Lynn when he captains the Bulls today given the match will mark the beginning of his quest to play for Australia in next year’s ICC World Cup.

Lynn is one of Australian cricket’s heartbreak stories.

The 28-year-old is one of few batsmen in the country with an innate ability to clear the boundary, making him a star of the Big Bash League with the Brisbane Heat.

But his career has been littered with shoulder injuries, so many that he is now banned from diving for balls in the field given the probability of his shoulders dislocating.

Lynn’s latest setback came in February while playing for Australia in New Zealand, nearly crushing his $1.86 million Indian Premier League contract.

Since then, Lynn has been banned from diving and despite his limitations the six-hitting machine is determined to prove he belongs in the international arena.

“I’m trying to put the World Cup talk out of my mind,” Lynn told The Sunday Mail.

“I just want to produce runs for Queensland and keep the body fit because I know if I’m on the paddock results will take care of themselves.

“The moment I get too far ahead of myself and think about the outcome rather than the process I will find myself in trouble.

“The body feels really good. I’m confident with where I’m at. I feel confident throwing now.

“There is still a ‘no diving’ policy and that will stick for a while. I’m moving quite well in the field and getting back to enjoying the game pain-free.

“The goal is to be injury-free. I just want to play a full season. I don’t think I’ve played one for about five years.

“I don’t set goals to be the leading run-scorer or anything like that. I just want to stay on the park because if I do that I’m good enough to put the runs on the board.”

While Lynn’s BBL escapades are well known, his international career is still in its infancy.

He has only played one 50-over game for Australia, against Pakistan at the Gabba last year, and 10 T20 internationals with a top score of 44.

Lynn, who holds the record for the most sixes (102) in the BBL, has the talent to star for Australia, he just has to be fit for long enough to get the opportunity.

“If I put my hand up and score a few runs (for the Bulls) there is a couple of Australian tournaments which would be nice to play in,” he said of the upcoming summer.

“I’d obviously like to (be in the Australian team permanently), but I’ve got to spend time on the paddock

“I know I was building towards something nice before I popped my shoulder out in New Zealand. Unfortunately the injury happened.

“Playing for Australia is a bonus and I’m always hungry to play for Australia, but at the end of the day if I’m not then I’m still having fun playing for the Brisbane Heat or Queensland Bulls.”

Brisbane-born and raised, Lynn was bursting with pride to captain the Bulls, having missed out on the opportunity in 2014.

“I got given the nod four years ago to captain this tournament and a week before the tournament I dived at training and popped the shoulder out,” he said.

“It’s been a long time coming. I’m really proud to lead the boys.

“I’m excited to show my leadership skills off the field and with the bat on the field.”

BULLS: Chris Lynn (c), Xavier Bartlett, Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Luke Feldman, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Lachlan Pfeffer, Jack Prestwidge, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Sam Truloff, Jack Wildermuth.