Scott Singleton’s mare Stock Up has finally started repaying punters this preparation and the Hawkesbury trainer is putting it down to the club’s new polytrack.

She was sent out favourite a number of times last prep but failed to win. This time in she has won two and ran a credible fourth at Rosehill last Saturday.

“My horses don’t get shin sore now,” Singleton said. “I only work Stock Up on it and you can see how much better it’s made her this time in. She’s going great now. Now that we’ve got it I can’t imagine how we did things without it.”

A polytrack is being built at Randwick and Kembla Grange will get one installed.

Todd Blowes could be mistaken for believing the training caper is easy after leading in his first Sydney winner with his first runner at Rosehill Gardens.

Noble Boy scored his third win from as many starts with a highly impressive win in the TAB Highway (1200m). Blowes, 37, has only been training for 12 months, he already has nine in work and prepared three winners — all from Noble Boy.

“This is unbelievable,’’ Blowes said. “But I was quietly confident today — even though it was a top field. I was worried about Danny Williams’ horse (Coup De Main) when we were so far back but he has a finish on him.’’

Noble Boy ($2.10 fav), raced in partnership by Blowes and ex-teammates from the Queanbeyan Blues United rugby league team, came from near last to reel in early leader Coup De Main ($5) and win easily by 1˝ lengths.

Jockey James McDonald was very impressed by Noble Boy’s dominance.

“He jumped OK but after two furlongs we were so far back it was a bit of a worry,’’ McDonald said. “I didn’t want to rev him up and get him over-racing but in the second half of the race he really did it himself. He sprinted very quickly and we actually got there too soon. If I had ridden him before I would waited have a furlong (a200m). He’s a nice horse.’’

Blowes said Noble Boy will now be spelled and then prepared for the rich Country Championships Series in the autumn.

HUGH’S SUCCINCT SUMMATION
Hugh Bowman said nothing went right for Krameric in the opening race when the two-year-old was sent out favourite. He ran sixth behind Athiri but he was caught wide for Bowman who was instructed to be positive by Chris Waller. He explained to stewards: “They were going at a good gallop and I thought Tim Clark (Nuclear Summit) would take a sit three-wide and when he didn’t I didn’t want to chase him (to the lead). I would’ve been flat out keeping up with Clark and would’ve spent everything by the 600m and I didn’t see the point going back to find cover at the 700m in an 1100m race.”

SAM STICKS SOLID
Jockeys don’t mind sticking up for each other in the stewards’ room but chief steward Marc Van Gestel had enough when Sam Weatherley said Hugh Bowman gave him enough room when he crossed him in the Highway race. After watching the tape, he told Van Gestel he gave him a 1˝ lengths when it was really 1Ľ lengths at best. “Let’s call a spade a spade here, Sam,” Van Gestel said. “It felt a lot different out there,” Weatherley replied. Bowman only got a reprimand due to Weatherley’s horse’s manners.

FORD’S FEARS
Oria flopped first-up and Jay Ford fears she may not be the same mare she once was. “She was plain in her trials and we didn’t know what to expect today,” he told stewards. “We had the right run and she didn’t do anything under pressure.” Ford was on another horse that ran poorly in Tamarack who was favourite in the 2400m race. “It was like I was stuck in first gear the whole way. I was almost going to pull him up at the crossing. Maybe he pulled a muscle after he pinged the gates then had no speed,” he said.

Bobbing produced a powerful finish to win the $150,000 Provincial Series Final (1600m) at Kembla Grange eased down for jockey Rory Hutchings and trainer Bernie Kelly. He beat Plaisir by 1 ľ lengths.

WEDDING MARCH
Congratulations to Sydney’s champion jockey Brenton Avdulla who gets married to partner Taylor Paine on Sunday. Avdulla will then head to Japan on Tuesday for another stint of riding.

The second running of the Max Lees Classic for two-year-olds will be run at Newcastle on Sunday. Lees trained one of the best Golden Slipper winners, Luskin Star. Jonker won it last year and turned out to be a Group 1 competitor so it could be good pointer to the Magic Millions in January. Perhaps the race could be built up even further in the future.

FATHER NIC
Shout out to former writer of this column Nic Ashman, who became a father for the first time on Saturday.

HORSES TO FOLLOW: Easy Eddie (good return), Sir Plush (1400m next start?), Kapajack (already a topliner)

ONES TO SACK: Mark Two (not up to it), Oria (not her normal self)

RIDE OF THE DAY: Hugh Bowman on My Nordic Hero (perfectly judged)

QUOTE OF THE DAY: “It’s not (normal) but when you’ve got the Hawkes polish anything can happen,” said Michael Hawkes after Kapajack’s win against older horses on debut.