ATHIRI is the latest promising two-year-old to roll off the Godolphin juvenile production line with a brilliant debut win at Rosehill Gardens yesterday.

The James Cummings-trained Athiri produced an impressive but of acceleration to score a dominant win in the Elderton Homes Made You Look Sprint (1100m).

“That was a ripping debut from a very uncomplicated filly,’’ Cummings said.

“She sweated on a run for half a furlong, it didn’t faze her, her attitude is her greatest strength, and when the gap came she sprinted quickly.

“She has a wonderful attitude but she’s not robust like some of the colts we saw in the yard that’s for sure. But I think we have just unveiled another good attribute of hers and that is a very powerful turn of foot.’’

Athiri ($6), ridden by Glyn Schofield, was held up for a run from the top of the straight until about the 200m where she burst between runners and raced away to a two lengths win from another first starter, Accession ($12) with Stronger ($7) three-quarters of a length away third.

This was Godolphin third successive Sydney Saturday two-year-old winner at Rosehill in as many races. Kiamichi started the sequence on November 10, there was no two-year-old race a week later before boom colt Tassort won on November 24.

Tassort went straight to the spelling paddock to be prepared for the Golden Slipper after his outstanding debut and Cummings suggested Athiri will be following a similar preparation.

“She will go for a spell now and with this preparation under her belt, I’m sure she will be far better next time,’’ Cummings said.

“Her natural ability and closing speed, you can’t teach that, it’s just there. She has unveiled that today and that is what we have to work with next year.’’

Schofield was taken by Athiri’s race sense and acceleration.

“Her trial win didn’t indicate she would win like that,’’ Schofield said. “It was really a nothing trial, it was very slowly run but I think she learned a lot. She got in behind them, then whizzed around the field and showed a turn of speed in the trial.

“But that turn of speed was even better today. She is very professional filly, there is a lot to like about her. She is not very big but full of heart and knows her trade.’’