KHABIB Nurmagomedov’s victory over Conor McGregor at UFC 229 has been marred by post-fight brawl between the two fighter’s camps.

The official result was a fourth round submission victory to Nurmagomedov, who totally dominated the former two-weight champion but the violence inside the cage will be forgotten next to the violence outside it.

Nurmagomedov stormed over to McGregor’s corner, hurling his mouth guard and leaping the fence.

His target was McGregor’s grappling coach, acclaimed Brazilian jiu-jitsu artist Dillon Danis.

Danis had been hurling abuse at Nurmagomedov following the latter’s victory.

Punches were thrown and a scrum of security converged, with McGregor and Nurmagomedov’s teams both throwing hands with impunity.

McGregor himself did not exit the cage but a member of Nurmagomedov’s corner stormed the cage and went after the Irishman, throwing a punch while McGregor’s back was turned.

On what was supposed to be a celebratory event, the biggest fight in UFC history, there was a sudden pall of real, uncontrollable violence.

There were further scraps among fans both inside and outside the T-Mobile Arena.

Eventually the two fighters were taken from the arena flanked by security and police.

UFC president Dana White confirmed members of Nurmagomedov’s team had been arrested but they have since been released due to McGregor’s decision not to press charges.

“I’m just disgusted and sick over it,” White said.

“We have to see what happens with the Nevada State Athletic Commission — not just the commission, there’s going to be fines, God knows what.

“Can these guys get visas and get back in the country?

“The biggest night ever and I couldn’t be more disappointed”

This is some street shit going on here. This isn’t sport.”

Nurmagomedov was not presented his belt in the ring and was showered with debris by the venomous crowd as he left.

“If we announced it and put that belt on him things were going to rain into the Octagon and I didn’t want anyone there to get hurt,” White said.

“I wanted us to protect him (Nurmagomedov), get him out.

“I said ‘It’s not gonna happen, you’re gonna be lucky if you don’t get arrested’ and he said ‘Listen, if that’s what has to happen and I have to get arrested then please do it with my belt on’”

White confirmed Nurmagomedov’s $2 million purse was being held by the Nevada commission as they reviewed the situation while McGregor’s was paid out as scheduled.

The fight itself was a domination. From the start Nurmagomedov was able to impose his incredible grappling on McGregor, grinding him down in the first before dropping him with a hard right hook in the second.

McGregor rallied in the third and deserves plaudits for fighting back when clearly exhausted.

But in the fourth Nurmagomedov scored a take-down early, worked into full mount and then slid into a rear-naked choke.

The submission extended Nurmagomedov’s unbeaten professional record to 27-0 and marked just McGregor’s second defeat in the UFC.