IT'S TAKEN a year longer than expected, but Adelaide recruit Chloe Scheer has finally made it to AFL Women's ranks.

Just over a year after rupturing the ACL in her left knee, the 19-year-old is on the Crows' list after being selected 37th overall in Tuesday's NAB AFLW Draft.

"As soon as I heard my name called out, my emotions were overwhelming," Scheer said.

"I did get quite emotional because of my knee and being out for so long.

"I'm just so excited to be here and finally get my opportunity to play at the highest level."

The forward/midfielder was on course to be picked in last year's draft after a standout junior career.

She was a three-time under-18 best and fairest in the Adelaide Footy League/SAWFL from 2015-17 and also won the Dutschke Medal as the best and fairest in the senior competition last year.

Scheer starred for South Australia in the opening round of the 2017 NAB AFLW Under-18 Championships and was selected in the combined Allies team.

But she was unable to play for the Allies after injuring her knee playing for Modbury in a SAWFL game in July last year.

Despite not being able to play for the Allies in the second phase of the under-18 carnival, Scheer was still named in the under-18 All Australian squad last year, underlining her immense talent.

"[The injury] was the week before going to Allies, so that was definitely devastating for me," she said.

"Having what happened to me has made me come out stronger and with the fitness side of things, has actually pushed me.

"Even though it was daunting, I think it's an actual achievement."

Scheer didn't play at all this year, but is on track to join her new teammates for pre-season training in November.

Scheer was also a talented under-age cricketer, as a top-order batter and a part-time leg-spinner, before focusing on football.

Katelyn Rosenzweig has been a lifelong Crows supporter. Picture: AFL Photos

Another new addition to the Crows is key position prospect Katelyn Rosenzweig, selected with pick 41.

The 18-year-old from Tanunda represented South Australia and the Central Allies at this year's NAB AFLW Under-18 Championships.

She has been a lifelong Crows supporter and dreamed of running out in the red, yellow and blue.

"I was about three or four (years of age) in the backyard with my Crows guernsey on, always saying I want to play for the Crows when I get older," said Rosenzweig, a strong-marking, lead-up forward who was named an All Australian this year.

"Everyone was like, 'You can't do that, it's a boy's sport'.

"And now, I can play for the Crows."

The Crows also selected Nikki Gore (pick eight), former Australian representative basketballer Jessica Foley (30), Danielle Ponter (48) – the cousin of Cyril Rioli and niece of Michael Long – and Hannah Martin (53).