Panasonic isn’t among the main smartphone manufacturers internationally, but the company is still busy launching phones in India and other major Asian markets. Following last month’s unveiling of Eluga Arc, Panasonic launched today new variants in the Eluga I2 series, officially released in August last year.

According to Techvorm, Panasonic released two new variants in the Eluga I2 series, one with 2GB and the other with 3GB of RAM, compared to the initial model which had just 1GB of RAM.
The new Eluga I2 variants come with some upgrades in the camera department, the front camera was upgraded from 2MP in the original model to 5MP, with added Voice over LTE (VoLTE) support for Indian specific LTE brands. Rear camera capacity reaches 8MP with LED flash.
Both variants have 16GB internal memory, compared to 8GB of the earlier model and the option to expand memory to 32GB using a microSD card.

The main differences are in camera and RAM capacity

The new variants kept the screen size of the original model, 5 inches HD IPS display with wide viewing angles and daylight readability. They come with a 1GHz Quad Core processor powered by a 2000mAh battery.

The smartphones support 4G VoLTE and have dual SIM 4G/3G/2G configuration. They also support other connectivity options like Wi-Fi, hotspot, Bluetooth and A-GPS. Eluga I2 smartphones run on Android Lollipop 5.1 with Panasonic Fit Home UI.
Eluga I2 is sized at 144.2x71.2x8.8mm and weighs just 135 grams. The premium smartphone in the Eluga series would be the Eluga Arc launched in April. This model comes with a more powerful processor and the latest version of Android OS. It also comes with a fingerprint sensor.
The new Eluga I2 variants are available in three different colors, Metallic silver, Metallic gold or Metallic grey and the phones will support 21 languages. Prices in India reach $119 (€106) for the 2GB variant while the 3GB model has a higher price of $134 (€119). They also come with protective screen guard as a free accessory.