As she garners rave reviews for her role in the cannibalistic horror romance, Bones and All star Taylor Russell looks back on how Brendan Fraser inspired her acting career. Hailing from Call Me By Your Name's Luca Guadagnino and based on the novel of the same name, the story centers on Russell's Maren, a young woman grappling with her cannibalistic tendencies as she embarks on a road trip with fellow cannibal Lee, trying to find their place in the world and survive. Alongside Russell, the cast for Bones and All includes Timothée Chalamet, Mark Rylance, Michael Stuhlbarg, André Holland, Choë Sevigny, Jake Horowitz, and Halloween Ends' David Gordon Green.

While speaking with Collider to discuss the acclaimed new film, Bones and All star Taylor Russell reflected on her rise to stardom over the past few years. When asked about performances that inspired her to act, the young actor recalled how Brendan Fraser was a big influence for her, even remarking she once had a crush on the back-on-the-rise star. See what Russell shared below:

Before [Girl, Interrupted], the movie that I think I really fell in love with and [made me] want to act, which is crazy, is The Mummy. I loved The Mummy with Brendan Fraser who I’m so happy for what's happening in his career right now, I have to say because he was my first crush. But I would watch that every morning and I remember thinking, wow, Rachel Weisz is not from this earth.

Bones and All Continues Taylor Russell's Rise To Stardom

Though having been in the industry for a decade, Russell has enjoyed an increasing rise to stardom over the past few years, with some feeling her breakthrough role to stem from the horror-thriller franchise Escape Room, while others highlight her role in Netflix's Lost in Space series. Regardless of which is considered to be her breakout, Bones and All marks the latest chapter in her rise to stardom, not only pairing her with a household name in the vein of Chalamet, but also offering a project in which she can show her dedication to even the most challenging of parts. Considering Guadagnino is often credited with helping propel Chalamet to stardom thanks to Call Me By Your Name, and Bones and All is already scoring widespread acclaim, Russell is well on her way to becoming another young household name.

Why Everyone Supports Brendan Fraser's Comeback

After having become one of the biggest household names in the '90s, Fraser himself is back in the minds of many audiences thanks to his steady return to the acting genre following a hiatus from persona reasons. Beginning with Texas Rising and The Affair, Fraser has gone on to help lead HBO Max's Doom Patrol. His next project, Darren Aronofsky's The Whale, is already being hailed as Fraser's comeback project, garnering significant Oscar buzz for his performance as a middle-aged and dangerously overweight man ready to confront the demons of his past.

In addition to Russell, Fraser's comeback has found support from the entire industry, with love from prior collaborators Michelle Yeoh, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Dwayne Johnson, among others, all making their way to the actor. With many Oscar predictions touting Bones and All as a viable contender for multiple categories, one can hope that Russell gets the chance to meet the actor who put her on her career path and give audiences another heartwarming story of Fraser meeting a fan. While audiences await Fraser's The Whale, they can catch up with Russell's acclaimed new role in Bones and All now in theaters.