Amazon Prime Video debuts the official trailer for I Know What You Did Last Summer, teasing everyone is a suspect in the horror-thriller series. Written and executive produced by Sara Goodman, the show is based on Lois Duncan's 1973 novel of the same name, which was adapted to film in 1997 starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Ryan Phillippe. The story revolves around a group of friends who accidentally kill someone in a car accident and cover up their actions, only to be stalked a year later by a brutal killer.

The new I Know What You Did Last Summer cast includes Annabelle Comes Home's Madison Iseman, Brianne Tju, Ezekiel Goodman, Ashley Moore, Sebastian Amoruso, Fiona Rene, Cassie Beck, Brooke Bloom and Bill Heck. Development on the series began in mid 2019 when Amazon acquired the rights to the franchise for a TV series with Neil H. Moritz and James Wan attached to executive produce and the latter initially attached to direct the pilot. Officially ordered to series in 2020, Craig Macneill would take over as the pilot director while Wan remained on as EP through his Atomic Monster Productions label and Moritz via his Original Film banner.

With less than a month remaining until the series premieres, Amazon Prime Video has unveiled the official trailer for I Know What You Did Last Summer. The video offers a better look at what can be expected from the modern take on the material as well as hinting everyone is a suspect and potentially two killers. Check out the trailer below:

Though not as frequently discussed as Wes Craven's seminal slasher, the original I Know What You Did Last Summer is still widely credited for revitalizing the horror subgenre in the '90s. The latest trailer for the series certainly carries more vibes of MTV's Scream than the film, but it looks like a nice expansion on the 1997 film, namely in its duplicitous characters. Though the original film saw its friend group drift apart following the accident yet still knowing everything about one another, the series offers a more complex web of lies amongst the group sure to add some drama to the mix.

The new I Know What You Did Last Summer trailer also offers an intriguing hint at the possibility of two killers being involved in the murders. Original screenwriter Kevin Williamson has explored this trope a number of times throughout his horror genre tenure, though interestingly enough it wasn't until the 1998 sequel — of which he didn't write — that this plot twist was used for the franchise. Only time will tell if the Amazon series pulls a similar rug out from under viewers when it premieres on October 15.