It's been almost 2 years since I last did this, and it's time to do it again. To be clear, I HATE doing this. But our till is getting low and if we want to continue to exist through this coming May we need to build up our reserves again. Since the last time I posted about a big donation drive, we've tightened our belt and trimmed off one of our servers while also finding a more economical option for another one, but they still cost money.

For those that don't know AwesomeHD just recently went under, and I'd had to see us go down too. They had some issues and higher staff decided to throw in the towel. We're different though: our singular issue is simple, finances. And while I don't want to throw in the towel, I can't fund this site by myself. I know other site staff here mention donations occasionally in news postings, but it's pretty rare that I step in and say anything. When I do though, you guys usually respond in spades and we're good for another year or two.

I think it's kind of funny that I posted in here over a year ago that I was going to be stepping down, yet I still find myself checking in several times every day to peek at the forums, or the IRC help channel, or some other area of maintenance to makesure everything is going smoothly and that those who need assistance are getting it. It's a testament of the importance that this site has in my life.

And just for the sake of saying this, every single cent that you guys donate goes strictly towards the site (servers, domain name registrations, etc). I hope that this is understood / accepted / appreciated by everybody. After our last big donation drive I said that we should be good for a bit over a year. Through some penny pinching and other donations that users have chipped in along the way (all VERY much appreciated) we've been able to stretch that to almost 2 years. If we can get a similar sort of turn out as last time, we can keep on rolling for another year or two.

Sincerely
- burger

P.S.
Our encoders have been working hard on something big...something 3840 x 2160 big...would be a shame to see that laid to waste because we cant pay our bills. Every little bit helps!
-PixelMonster