BootyTape and fixing IPV6 connection issues!!!

Hello Everyone,

Our tracker is one of the few that now fully supports IPV6 addresses which is the new ip address format.

Here's some pieces of information to understand:

1. IPV6 addresses look like this, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334 and IPV4 addresses look like this: 127.0.0.1

2. There's no more new IPV4 addresses left, so Internet Service Providers sooner or later all have to go to IPV6.

3. When using a torrent tracker, IPV6 users can't connect to IPV4 users without using their dual supported IPV4 address.

4. Not every torrent program supports dual IPV4/IPV6 support. For example newer versions of Utorrent/BitTorrent don't support dual support. Somehow Utorrent version 2.2.1 does have dual IPV4/IPv6 support and QBittorrent has dual support.

If you're having connection issues go to the Connectable page and see if you're using a IPV6 ip address like this: 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334 for example, if that's what your ip looks like you should:

Try seeing if you can seed better with QBittorrent or Utorrent 2.2.1, if you're already using Utorrent and i'll keep seeing what other torrent programs work well with IPV6 users. I just wanted to make this small post before I make any major posts on this topic.

This topic is important because currently around 10% of ip addresses connected to the tracker have an IPV6 address. And that number will only get larger in the years to come.

Best Regards,
BootyTape Webmaster