Nazmul Hassan wants newer people to take up the challenge © AFP
The Bangladesh Cricket Board's election commission announced on Tuesday that it will hold its elections for picking the Board of Directors on October 6 at its headquarters in Dhaka.

23 directors will be elected through votes from these 171 councillors while the National Sports Council, the sports regulatory body in Bangladesh, will select the remaining two directors. The Board of Directors in turn will elect the next President of the Board.

Theelection commission will further announce the date for the president's election after these election results are announced on October 7.

It will be the seventh BCB elections with it previously being held in 1998, 2001, 2005, 2009 and 2013, 2017.

BCB's outgoing president Nazmul Hassan announced on Tuesday that he won't have any "panel" in the upcoming board of directors' election making it clear that any councilor can contest for the post of a director in the upcoming election.

"I won't have any panel. I told you earlier that this election will be different and probably for the first time there will be no panel of mine and anyone can contest because there will be an election and whoever wins can come in the board,'' Nazmul told reporters on Tuesday after completing the last board meeting of his current tenure

"If I win, I will come to the board as a director and after that my first request will be I don't want to be BCB president... but I don't know what will happen next."

Nazmul also said that he will be more than happy if he sees anyone coming up and challenging him in the post of BCB president after they are elected as directors in the upcoming election.

"Whoever comes to the board should challenge me and someone should say that he wants to be the president but no one says that. That is not a good sign.

"We should have a pipeline of leaders and there should be new leaders with new ideas but unfortunately no one is ready to come forward and take the challenge," he added.