89651.jpg

Zayn Malik's fiancée doubts they'll get married this year.

The former One Direction heartthrob has been engaged to Little Mix star Perrie Edwards since 2013. He left the group in March, with his ex bandmate Liam Payne confirming the decision was in part because he wanted to spend more time with Perrie.

Despite this, she can't see them tying the knot any time soon.

"I don't know when the wedding will be. We're still planning it but I'm so busy with Little Mix now [new single] Black Magic is coming out," she told British newspaper The Sun.

"Me and Zayn want it to be perfect, so as soon as I have a bit of time we'll plan it. I doubt it will be this summer - but I'll let you know!'

When Zayn left One Direction he explained he wanted to spend time being a normal 22-year-old, plus he'd fallen out of love with the boy band's music.

Perrie was blamed for his decision by some of the group's fans, who likened her to John Lennon's wife Yoko Ono - widely rumoured to have caused problems within The Beatles.

She isn't particularly bothered about that though and is just happy to be seeing more of her fiancé. The pair's schedules had previously seen them spend long periods of time apart, not least because of One Direction's mammoth touring schedule.

"It's nice to see more of him now. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen, he's a great chef," she explained.

Her bandmate Jesy Nelson added: "They never stop cooking, that's all I ever hear. Every time she comes in she's like, 'Zayn made me this,' and, 'Zayn made me that.' I'm like, 'Can he cook me a meal?'"