The rapper will reportedly appear posthumously on Weezy's new record

XXXTentacion will feature on Lil Wayne‘s long-awaited ‘Tha Carter V’ album, according to reports.

The rapper, whose real name was Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy, was shot and killed while leaving a motorcycle dealership in Florida in June. He was 20 years old.

An official tracklist for ‘Tha Carter V’ has yet to be confirmed, but OnSmash claim to have been told that Onfroy will appear posthumously on the record. If that claim and a rumoured tracklist that has been doing the rounds online are correct, he will line up on the album alongside the likes of Jay-Z, Drake, and Kendrick Lamar.

‘Tha Carter V’ is set for release tomorrow (September 28) – four years after it was originally planned to be available. It was delayed due to contractual disputes between Wayne and Cash Money Records, as well as a personal situation between the rapper and label head Birdman.

Wayne confirmed the news in a video shared on Twitter earlier this week (September 25). “With this album, I’m giving you more than me,” he said. “This is years of work… that you’ll be listening to. I hope you enjoy it, you don’t have to love it, you don’t have to like it, but I hope you enjoy it.”

Meanwhile, XXXTentacion recently featured on a track with Lil Peep. The two late rappers were brought together posthumously by iLoveMakonnen on the track ‘Falling Down’.

The song was co-written by Peep and Makonnen, with XXX added to it after the former had died. “I am honoured to have co-written this song that X was inspired to be a part of shortly before he died,” Makonnen wrote on Instagram. “Peep and I always believed that music heals and brings people together in a way nothing else can.”