Wild Beasts have said their new album is "more melodic and pop" than before while also discussing their work with electronic producers on the forthcoming release.

The band, who will release their fourth album in early 2014, spoke about the record in this week's NME, which is available digitally and on newsstands now. Revealing that they chose not to work with regular producer Richard Formby, the group instead teamed up with Lexxx (Bjork) and Leo Abrahams (Brian Eno, Jon Hopkins).

"I guess when I was 17 I thought I was Nick Drake. Now I'm 28, I think I'm J Dilla. Neither of those is true, you need to be reined in," says co-frontman Tom Fleming of the role the producers played in the making of the album. Meanwhile, Hayden Thorpe says the band considered ditching the guitars all together before opting against the idea. "We were very aware that it's easy to sound polished with electronics. Our intuition when we get a guitar is to detune it; that's what Lexxx does with electronics. "

Recorded between London and Bath, Wild Beasts will release the currently untitled album in February or March. Track titles include 'Sweet Spot', 'Daughters' and 'Past Perfect'.