This is too exciting...

White Lies have confirmed that they’ll celebrate the tenth anniversary of ‘To Lose My Life’ at a one-off London show later this year.

The post-punk band will play the number one record in its entirety at O2 Academy Brixton on December 6, alongside a mixture of b-sides, rarities and fan favourites. Tickets will go on sale from 9AM on Friday March 29.

Describing the show, frontman Harry McVeigh said: “Over the past 10 years, no matter where we go in the world, we still find White Lies fans who have had an important part of their lives soundtracked by that record, each with their own unique story.

“And so, it feels like a perfect opportunity to revisit ‘To Lose My Life’ and play it in full from start to finish for the first time in the venue in which we closed the initial To Lose My Life tour — one of our favourite venues in the world — and make some new memories for the next 10 years.”

It comes after the band released ‘Five’, their latest record earlier this year.

As he discussed the record with NME, McVeigh previously teased that an anniversary show could be on the way.

“We’re definitely thinking about it,” he told NME. “We have a lot of nostalgia for that album and for quite a lot of people it marked a big moment in their lives. When I look at the ages of people coming to the shows now, it’s usually a similar age to us. It kinda feels like they’ve grown up with the band and there’s something nostalgic about that.

“It’s an album that started our whole career and it means a lot to us too. We even play a lot of the material from that first record so yeah, we’re definitely thinking about it. It’s in our minds, although we’re focusing on this album at the moment and how the tour goes.”