The Eight Days of Al — an unofficial extended holiday commemorating "Weird Al" Yankovic's newly released 14th studio album, Mandatory Fun — is still in full swing. The sixth video of the series is "First World Problems," one of the first new clips to not directly parody a current popular song. Yankovic instead opts to bite the Pixies' style to riff about the hardest parts of life — showers getting cold after a mere hour, friends calling instead of texting (c'mon, bro!), and the perils of low thread counts on the sheets. Check out the "First World Problems" premiere at PopCrush.

“I told [director Liam Lynch] that I didn’t want to be myself; I wasn’t Weird Al in this video — I was kind of like this douchey character,” Yankovic told PopCrush about his latest. “So we thought, ‘OK, we’ll find you a douchey blonde wig … [which was made of] real human hair … and I tried it on, and it fit, and we had fun with it!” Here's the full explainer clip:

Al's other parodies this week have included “Tacky” (based on Pharrell's "Happy"), “Word Crimes" (a grammarian riff on Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines"), "Foil" (a new food-oriented classic to the tune of Lorde's "Royals"), and "Handy" (the inevitable spoof of Iggy Azalea's "Fancy"). Yankovic told Diffuser he's offering such a concentrated blast of videos because "things burn really quickly, things tend to go viral for a day, and I figure, 'Well, ok, I'll let each of my videos go viral for day.'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXeh6FLp01A