"Buy myself all of my favorite things".

Ariana Grande has debuted new track ‘7 Rings’ – and it’s a modern spin on ‘Favourite Things’ from The Sound of Music.

The new offering follows directly from ‘Thank U, Next’, and is accompanied by a video that sees Ariana hanging out with a bevy of her closest friends at a typically lavish party.

As the champagne flows freely between the singer and her mates, the track sees her discussing how global success has allowed her to enjoy the finer things.

“Yeah, breakfast at Tiffany’s and bottles of bubbles. Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble. Lashes and diamonds, ATM machines. Buy myself all of my favorite things (Yeah).”

But there’s no hint of selfishness, as she later opens up about how her split from Pete Davidson means that she’s now treating her friends instead.

“Wearing a ring, but ain’t gon’ be no “Mrs.”Buy matching diamonds for six of my bitches. I’d rather spoil all my friends with my riches.”

In fact, that’s exactly what she has done. In a Twitter Q&A recently, Grande explained how the song was inspired by a trip she’d taken to New York with six of her closest friends.

Explaining how her friends Vic, Courtney, Alexa, Tayla, Njomza and Kaydence all received a ring, she wrote: ” Well …………. ‘twas a pretty rough day in nyc. my friends took me to tiffany’s. we had too much champagne. i bought us all rings. — it was very insane and funny. & on the way back to the stu njomza was like ‘bitch, this gotta be a song lol’. so we wrote it that afternoon.”

Meanwhile, Grande will make her return to the UK this summer. Dates are below and tickets are available here.

AUGUST

17 – London, O2 Arena
19 – London, O2 Arena
20 – London, O2 Arena

SEPTEMBER

14 – Birmingham, Arena
15 – Birmingham, Arena
17 – Glasgow, SSE Hydro
19 – Sheffield, FlyDSA Arena
22 – Dublin, 3Arena
23 – Dublin, 3Arena