Tori Amos' theatrical voice and brooding piano form a perfect vehicle for "Creep," Radiohead's break-out alt-rock anthem. The singer-songwriter performed a slow, sensual version of the track during the "Lizard Lounge" section of her Thursday night gig in New York City, drawing out an equal mix of angst and ecstasy.

The results, spotted by Consequence of Sound, are available above, via an impressive, crowd-shot multi-cam video. Amos stays faithful to the original melody and chord progression, but she still manages to put her own spin on the tune: pronouncing "weirdo" as "weeeeir-tyo" and making magnetic, yet terrifying, faces while bashing the keys.

Meanwhile, the "so fucking special" line brings out celebratory yells from the audience, with the singer slipping in an extra f-bomb near the climax ("Whatever makes you happy / whatever you...fucking want"). Radiohead haven't played "Creep" onstage in years – let's hope Amos' lovely rendition inspires Thom Yorke and company to dust off their long-ignored classic.

Amos released her 14th studio album, Unrepentant Geraldines, back in May. Earlier this year, she told Rolling Stone that the LP chronicles her experiences with visual art. "I've always been inspired by visual artists of all mediums because, as with music, art is not a job you can go to and leave from, but it is something that defines who and what you are," she said. "Visual artists shake up our brains and force us to look at everything, from objects we don't normally think twice about to people we might not have cared about. In one image, they can remind us of nature's power to enchant, as well as humankind's fruitless attempt to overpower her or simply second-guess her. Through the visual artist's application of tone, shape, pattern and pigment, I not only begin to see, but I can honestly say I begin to hear."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GWb08RtuDc#t=12