They also chuck in some Ed Sheeran

Thirty Seconds to Mars stopped by Radio 1’s Live Lounge yesterday (September 10) to perform their track ‘Rescue Me’ as well as a mash-up cover of Juice WRLD, Khalid & Post Malone.

‘Rescue Me’ is taken from the band’s latest album ‘America’. It charted at Number Four in the Official UK Albums Chart – the band’s highest UK chart position to date. During an interview with NME, frontman Jared Leto said that it ‘felt like a first album in a lot of ways.’

“It lives in the here and now and it’s not just trying to revisit our past… every time you make an album, you write a new song you have an opportunity to say something new, and we took full advantage of that.”

The band performed ‘Rescue Me’ – adding a little nod to Ed Sheeran‘s ‘Shape of You’ towards the end – while also treating fans to a mash-up of Juice WRLD’s ‘Lucid Dreams,’ Khalid & Normani’s ‘Love Lies’ and Post Malone’s ‘Better Now’. Watch both performances below.

Speaking of the music that inspired the latest album, Leto said, “I think that some of the most interesting music in the world is happening in pop music. A lot of pop music is really rather brave. You’ve got the most minimal, efficient, tasteful production happening… we’re living in an era where hip-hop and pop are the dominant forms in pop culture.”

Back in June, the band released a video for ‘Rescue Me’ which featured Michael Jackson’s daughter, Paris Jackson. In a statement, Jared Leto said: “‘Rescue Me’ is a song about pain, a song about empowerment, a song about faith, and a song about freedom. It’s also a song about the brutal war so many of us wage against fear, depression, and anxiety in the hope that we might, one day, live a life filled with happiness and dreams.”