A Day In The Lift

Last night saw Paul McCartney appear on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon, where the icon surprised visitors to the 30 Rock building travelling in the elevator.

The skit saw the former Beatle team up with Fallon, where he and the host waited outside in the lobby as unsuspecting tourists arrived on their level to discover McCartney and the in various different states of leisure – including playing ping-pong, reading the paper with a pipe and slippers, and even bashing out a Beatles classic or two.

Check it out below.

McCartney also performed the track ‘Come On To Me’ on the show, taken from his new solo album ‘Egypt Station’ which is released today.

McCartney made headlines this week when he opened up about a vivid experience of taking drugs – one that left him convinced that he had seen God. He claimed that he experienced “something higher”, and likened it to the time he took Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) with art dealer and gallery owner Robert Fraser.

“We were immediately nailed to the sofa,” he told the publication of taking drugs in his Beatles heyday. “And I saw God, this amazing towering thing, and I was humbled. And what I’m saying is, that moment didn’t turn my life around, but it was a clue.”

He continued: “It was huge. A massive wall that I couldn’t see the top of, and I was at the bottom.

“And anybody else would say it’s just the drug, the hallucination, but both Robert and I were like, ‘Did you see that?’ We felt we had seen a higher thing.”