Misophonia sufferers, look away now

Haley Williams has shared her own ASMR video in which she tears open packaging, whispers, and eats crisps.

The Paramore frontwoman posted the video yesterday (September 30) to promote her Good Dye Young semi-permanent hair dye.

ASMR, which stands for autonomous sensory meridian response, is a physical sensation that some people experience in reaction to certain sounds. It’s typically characterised by the feeling of tingling on the scalp and/or upper part of the spine.

The phenomenon has grown exponentially since the term was coined in 2010. More than 5 million ASMR videos now exist on YouTube. Search terms grew more than 200% year-on-year in 2015 (via Think With Google).

In Williams’ video, viewers can watch her munch on a dill pickle-flavoured Kettle Chip, slurp a drink, tap her nails on packaging and say hello to her goldendoodle dog, Alf.

Meanwhile, the singer recently spoke out recently on suicide prevention.

Tweeting after World Suicide Prevention Day last month, Williams wrote: “Really I just wanna say that when my mind was super dark and hopeless, there was a part of me that felt safe being cynical and shut down.

“I’m trying to get healthier now… and it’s a lifestyle shift. Sometimes it feels uncomfortable and I don’t always do it well, but I hope that if you struggle with darkness that you will try and remember to let yourself feel joy when it comes.”