All hail, Lizzo

Lizzo has covered Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus’ ‘Nothing Breaks Like A Heart’, the duo’s 2018 hit collaboration.

The ‘Boys’ singer performed her rendition of the dark, country-pop banger for BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge earlier this week.

She also brought her recent single, ‘Juice’, to the lounge, backed by a trio of musicians and two singers who also joined her for ‘Nothing Breaks Like A Heart’.

Lizzo’s forthcoming third record, ‘Cuz I Love You’, is her first major label release (out April 19 via Atlantic). It follows her 2013 debut ‘Lizzobangers’ and 2015’s ‘Big Grrrl Small World’.

The American singer and rapper will head out on a North American this spring in support of ‘Cuz I Love You’, which kicks off on April 24 at San Francisco’s Warfield.

Meanwhile, on the BRIT Awards red carpet on Wednesday (February 20), Lizzo confirmed to NME that she will play this year’s Glastonbury festival.

Discussing her plans for 2019, she said: “I just have a shit tonne of shows and festivals. I’m coming back to London and Manchester. I’m doing Lovebox Festival and Glastonbury but I don’t think that’s announced so, whatever – you just got the scoop, bitch.”

She continued: “I’m going to be everywhere.” Her live shows, which she describes as “church with a twerk” have “sold out already so bring it on.”