It all starts with a stir of a cuppa

James Blake has shared the official video for his latest single ‘Mile High’ – check it out below.

The track, taken from the musician’s fourth album ‘Assume Form‘, features Travis Scott, with additional production coming from Metro Boomin.

Following its release last month, the song’s surreal video has been unveiled.

The clip sees Scott and Blake meet at the Mile High Cafe before the latter loses focus and begins to hallucinate as he stirs his tea. The pair then fall into a darkened underworld where they perform the single. At the end, we flick back to the real world where Blake is sat motionless at the cafe table.

The video was directed by Nabil, who has previously helmed visuals for Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, and more.

James Blake is scheduled to perform three UK live shows this spring in support of ‘Assume Form’. See the full tour dates below.

April

7 – Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse
9 – Bristol, O2 Academy
18 – London, Eventim Apollo

Meanwhile, Blake recently discussed the impact tour life can have on a musician’s mental health.

“There are a lot of musicians just starting out now who might not be aware of the pitfalls of touring, and the pitfalls of a musician’s life,” he explained. “Mental health on the road is something which has generally been left until this generation to really deal with.

“I think we’ve seen the effects of the artist’s life laid out for us in previous generations, and I think we’re just starting to go, ‘Maybe I shouldn’t use these methods to cope with it, maybe I should talk to somebody.’”