It comes ahead of the 'Take Me To Church' singer's UK tour

Hozier has unveiled his new single ‘Movement’ – stream the track and its stunning accompanying visuals below.

Ahead of his upcoming second album, the Irish artist is set to embark on a huge UK and Ireland tour next month – including a big performance at London’s Eventim Apollo.

With Hozier having promised earlier this year that the live dates “will coincide with the release of new work,” the musician has now shared the first slice of new material from his next project – listen to ‘Movement’ below and see its video here.

The choreographed video sees the singer collaborate with the ballet dancer and performance artist Sergei Polunin. The star of the clip previously danced to Hozier’s hit ‘Take Me To Church’ in a documentary titled Dancer.

“I was first confronted by Sergei’s talent when I saw a performance of his set to my music in collaboration with David LaChapelle [who directed the performance],” Hozier said of the collaboration. “I believe one of the greatest things to become of your own work is for it to form part of another artist’s vision or execution.

“That performance itself gave rise to ideas for this song, so I was incredibly proud to work with Sergei on this video.”

Describing Polunin as a “once-in-a-generation talent”, Hozier added: “He’s a man of incredible skill and artistry and shows a dedication to his art form that I find inspiring.”

A press release has promised that further new music from Hozier will be released in due course. The full-length album will follow on from his four-track EP ‘Nina Cried Power’, which dropped back in September.

Hozier’s UK and Ireland tour begins in Manchester on December 6 – find any remaining tickets here and see the full schedule below.

December 2018

6 – MANCHESTER O2 Apollo, UK
7 – GLASGOW O2 Academy,UK
9 – BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy, UK
11 – LONDON Eventim Apollo, UK
15 – DUBLIN, Olympia Theatre, Ireland
16 – DUBLIN, Olympia Theatre, Ireland
17 – DUBLN, Olympia Theatre, Ireland
19 – BELFAST, Ulster Hall, UK
20 – KILLARNEY, INEC,Ireland