"It talks about our obsession with weightless pop culture".

Sam Fender has debuted the powerful new video for ‘Poundshop Kardashians’, one of the stand out tracks from his debut EP. Watch it exclusively below on NME.com

The new track sees the hotly-tipped singer offering a scathing take on celebrity culture, and it’s been accompanied by a video that sees Fender firmly lodging his tongue in his cheek.

In the cartoon clip, we see a variety of Kardashian-esque characters as they deal with a variety of increasingly bizarre situations.

But this is no fawning take on the reality stars – it’s a chance for Fender to deliver a “rant about the state of the world”.

“It talks about our obsession with weightless pop culture and a generation of narcissists, like me, who follow it”, he explains.

The track comes straight from the hotly tipped singer’s ‘Dead Boys’ EP, which dropped earlier this week. After a huge 2018, he has also been added to Radio 1’s Brits List – which guarantees that the station will be playlisting Sam’s next three singles.

In October, Fender told NME all about the powerful inspiration behind the EP’s title track.

“It’s a song about male suicide, particularly in my hometown,” Fender passionately told NME. “I lost some friends very close to me because of that. This song came from that place, and I have been playing it to other people ever since. It’s raised a conversation and I realised how much of a present issue it is. Everybody that I spoke to from all different parts of the country have all got a connection to someone they’ve lost.

“It really opened my eyes to how much of an issue it is.”