The track has been marred in controversy for its use of "homophobic" language

Eminem has shared a new video today (September 4) to accompany controversial track ‘The Fall’.

Taken from his surprise album ‘Kamikaze’, released last Friday (August 31), the video is structured like a short-horror movie where Eminem is followed around by a social media monster.

The video opens with Eminem taking aim at his critics as he reads a series of negative comments on social media about his last album ‘Revival’.

As more and more negative comments appear on the screen, the video suddenly turns dark as a social-media monster emerges from an iPad and haunts the rapper, following him around and ultimately possessing him. At the end, a CD of his last album is crushed under foot.

You can watch the video here:

The Detroit rapper received much criticism about the track for its use of “homophobic” language towards fellow rapper, Tyler, The Creator on the track where he says: “Tyler create nothin’, I see why you called yourself a f*****, bitch.”

Some of the most vocal criticism of the track came from Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon who appears on ‘Fall’. Distancing himself from the song, he criticised its content in a series of tweets.

Vernon said: “Not a fan of the message, it’s tired. Asked them to change the track, wouldn’t do it.”

In a series of further tweets, Vernon said he thought Eminem was “one of the best rappers of all time” before adding: “This is not the time to criticize Youth, it’s the time to listen. To act. It is certainly not the time for slurs.”

Vernon also revealed that he asked for the song to be changed. “Wish they would have listened when we asked them to change it.”

In a final tweet, Vernon said: “I was wrong and we are gonna kill this track.” Whilst the track hasn’t been taken down, the slur towards Tyler, The Creator appears to have now been edited out of the streaming services versions of the song.

Reviewing ‘Kamikaze’, NME said: “Eminem is not happy. We know because he tells us, in the opening seconds of ‘Kamikaze’, like he’s psyching himself up: “I feel like I want to punch the world in the fucking face right now.”

“He’s upset, mostly, about the fact that people didn’t like his last album, the not-particularly-great ‘Revival’, released on December 15, 2017…“Revenge is the best medicine,” Em raps on the title track. His revenge relies on how the rap world will respond to his throwing down of the gauntlet.”