The song will feature on the 'Alita: Battle Angel' soundtrack

Dua Lipa has released a new song and video called ‘Swan Song’, taken from the upcoming sci-fi film Alita: Battle Angel.

Lipa co-wrote the song with Justin Tranter, Kennedi Lykken, Mattias Larsson, Robin Fredriksson and Tom Holkenborg. It’s her first new track since the release of the expanded edition of her debut album last year.

The video, directed by Floria Sigismondi, sees Duo Lipa in the film’s fictional Iron City. You can watch the video below.

Speaking about the video, Sigismondi said: “While in the film Alita is quite literally on a journey to discover who she is, her history serves as a really powerful allegory for any girl who doesn’t yet know her own power.

“I wanted to play with that same profound notion by dropping Dua into a facet of Akita’s world and allowing Alita to serve as a surrogate that lends her on a journey to discover she’s stronger than she could have imagined.”

Earlier today (January 24), it was announced that Lipa will join forces with Calvin Harris in an epic BRITs performance. Joining them will be Sam Smith and Rag ‘n’ Bone Man.

Expected to be a medley featuring all three artists, the performance will see the foursome rattling through the likes of Lipa and Harris’ huge collaboration ‘One Kiss’, Sam Smith’s ‘No Promises’ and ‘Giant’, which was released by Rag’n’Bone Man earlier this month.

Earlier this month, the ‘New Rules’ singer said she was working hard to finish her next album. Asked what her rules for the year are, she answered: “Working really hard to get my new album out. Those are the only rules that I’m gonna be living by. I’m just going to be in the studio making sure that I come back with some fun stuff for everyone.”