The track featured on the band's latest mixtape, 'Other People's Heartache, Pt. 4'

Bastille have shared a cinematic new video for ‘Grip’, their collaboration with Norwegian EDM group Seeb.

The track featured on the London band’s latest mixtape, ‘Other People’s Heartache, Pt. 4’, which was released in December 2018.

The Noah Duran-directed video follows a young boy on his 16th birthday as he goes to the skate park with his friends, has a party thrown for him by his parents, and, later, gets into a fight at another house party. You can watch it below now.

Speaking to NME about the track last year, Bastille frontman Dan Smith said: “Seeb are making an album and asked us if we wanted to work together. It was an interesting opportunity to work with an artist that we probably wouldn’t and that’s what makes the mixtapes what they are. My vocal, as it’s completely fucked with, flies astronomically up into the air and I think I initially laughed [when I first heard it]. This is way outside of my comfort zone and that’s definitely a good thing.”

Bastille are currently preparing to head out on a tour of small venues across the UK, marking their first proper tour in the country since their ReOrchestrated tour early last year. The band will play the following dates:

January 2019

27 – Dublin, Olympia Theatre
29 – Birmingham, O2 Academy
30 – Birmingham, O2 Academy

February 2019

1 – Brighton, Brighton Centre
3 – Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse
4 – Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse
6 – Glasgow, O2 Academy
7 – Glasgow, O2 Academy
9 – London, O2 Academy Brixton
10 – London, O2 Academy Brixton

The group are expected to release their third album, ‘Doom Days’, later this year. Speaking to NME in 2018, Smith said fans could expect the record to sound “euphoric”. “This album is very self-contained in its story and its sound”, he said. “But I’ve also massively contradicted myself. There’s a lot of diversity in there, and I think it defines this last year and this era of what we want to do.

“There’s definitely an element of euphoria on the record, but also how close that is to despair at the same time.”