Grande delivers a 'First Wives Club' inspired performance

Ariana Grande has debuted new single ‘Thank U, Next’ on The Ellen DeGeneres Show today.

Mid-set, Grande fell off a chair during the performance, causing the star to exclaim “oh my god!” during the song before she was able to steady herself again.

Grande appeared on stage two dancers in a set inspired by one of Grande’s favourite films – The First Wives Club – which also shares themes with Grande’s latest song.

As well as performing ‘Thank U, Next’, Grande also performed ‘Breathin” from latest album ‘Sweetener’ for the first time. Grande released a new video for the song yesterday (November 7).

You can watch the performance here:

Last week, Grande shared a cut-and-paste style lyric video for ‘Thank U, Next’ , a song in which the star references her famous exes, including SNL comedian Pete Davidson, with whom she called off her engagement to last month, and late rapper Mac Miller.

The lyric video mimics the song’s artwork, with its words appearing as if they’ve been cut out and pasted onto a letter. You can watch the video here.

Earlier this week (November 5), the pop star told her fans therapy had “saved [her] life so many times” after one Twitter follower jokingly asked who her therapist was. “lmaoaoo this is funny as fuck but in all honesty therapy has saved my life so many times,” Grande replied.

She also encouraged her followers to seek help if they needed it, telling them: “if you’re afraid to ask for help, don’t be. u don’t have to be in constant pain & u can process trauma. I’ve got a lot of work to do but it’s a start to even be aware that it’s possible.”

Meanwhile, a collection of unreleased songs by Grande was apparently “discovered” by one of her fans yesterday. However, a source close to the singer told NME it was not affiliated with the star.

The performance on Ellen marks Grande’s second live performance since the death of Mac Miller in September.