89648.jpg

Carrie Underwood will be 'forever grateful' to American Idol.

The country singer won the fourth season of the hit singing contest in 2005. And on Monday, the 32-year-old shared a throwback picture of her winning night.

'So hard to believe it's been 10 years! I'm forever grateful to American Idol for changing my life! #blessed(sic)' she captioned the image.

In the shot, Carrie can be seen in a leopard print dress with a mic in her hand and a huge smile on her face as she sings her winners song with pyrotechnics going off behind her.

Since her big win, the blonde beauty has gone on to have a huge career. She has set and broken numerous records as well as winning seven Grammy Awards, 17 Billboard Music Awards, 11 Academy of Country Music Awards and eight American Music Awards.

It was confirmed earlier this month that the show would be axed after its 15th season .

While Carrie's career has gone from strength to strength, her personal life has also flourished in recent years.

The Something in the Water singer married hockey player Mike Fisher in July 2010. The couple welcomed their first child, a son in March this year. And earlier this month, Carrie reposted a sweet photograph with her Instagram followers of her two favourite men.

'They have my heart...' she wrote alongside the image of her handsome husband cuddling up to their little boy in bed, who had a smile on his face next to his dad.