"I want to do my friend proud"

Last night saw The Twilight Sad pay tribute to their friend and collaborator Scott Hutchison with a moving cover of Frightened Rabbit. See footage of their stirring performance below.

The two bands have been close since their early days when they were both on Fat Cat Records, regularly playing together and releasing a split cassette of demoes and covers in 2011. James Graham and Andy Macfarlane also supported Hutchison on tour his acclaimed Owl John solo project.

Honouring Hutchison after he passed away last month, the band ended their set at Primavera Sound festival 2018 in Barcelona with an emotional cover of the F’Rabbit fan favourite ‘Keep Yourself Warm’ from the cult classic ‘Midnight Organ Fight’.

“I’ll try my best to hold it together tomorrow,” wrote frontman James Graham the day prior to their set. “This is what I love doing more than anything in the world and I want to do my friend proud. I might need your help though.”

Frightened Rabbit were due to play their own festival The First Incident today. Upon cancelling, many fans have been giving donations to the Scottish Association For Mental Health, which you can give to here.

Twilight Sad’s upcoming UK tour dates are below.

JUNE
16 – BRUDENELL SOCIAL CLUB: Leeds, United Kingdom
24 – CURÆTION-25 @ Robert Smith’s Meltdown, ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL, London, United Kingdom
JULY
7 – THE CURE, BST @ HYDE PARK, London, United Kingdom