'Every n---a that's really poppin' out of New York, he might as well tell you he from Atlanta,' James tells a Brooklyn concert crowd.

Most artists try to appeal to local crowds when they hit the road, but Atlanta MC Trindad James did the exact opposite on Tuesday night when he performed in Brooklyn, New York.

James took the stage at Converse's Rubber Tracks studios and seemingly started off with good intentions, first praising Kendrick Lamar for pushing more than a million copies of his good kid, m.A.A.d city, then questioning the California rapper's motives on Big Sean's "Control" where he implied that he was the "king of New York."

"Now the n---a we been knew, now he coming and sayin' sh-- like he the 'King of New York.' What is that," James asked the crowd shortly before his attempt to rile up the Big Apple crowd backfired.

Trinidad stood on stage and reminisced when NYC was at the forefront of hip-hop culture, pushing both musical and fashion trends. "I remember when New York ran this sh--, dawg, when Dipset was turned the f--- up," he said, receiving applause from the crowd.

"I remember when New York rap was the sh-- and us 'bamas,' us from the South was like, 'What the f---?' And we just did our own thing, but now we run y'all musically. That's crazy," he said, much to the crowd's shock.

In a video online, one concertgoer can be heard yelling "get the f--- out of here" to the "All Gold Everything" spitter, while others in the crowd began to get antsy.

"I'm not trying to start nothin', but if you wanna do somethin' we can do somethin', I don't give a f---. I'm just being honest with you," he said before stating that NY's most popular rappers have adopted southern sounds. "Now, every n---a that's really poppin' out of New York, he might as well tell you he from Atlanta."

Trinidad didn't name anyone specifically, but Bronx, New York, rapper French Montana often gets criticized for southern-sounding hits like "Pop That," "Ocho Cinco" and "Ain't Worried About Nothin'."

Concertgoers weren't the only ones turned off by Trinidad's comments: On Wednesday (November 13), NY rap rep Maino took to Twitter. "S/O to all the NY n---as who let this Rotten Teeth n---a @TrinidadJamesGG disrespect us lastnite #whathappened," he wrote. "Heyy buddy @trinidadjamesGG I'll be ur Huckleberry! Lol imma brush those teeth when I see u baby boy. U a street n---a rite? Lmao."

"I didn't disrespect. Bt if you wanna think i did. Do what you feel is best. Either way I lose no sleep for being real. NY doesn't support Ny," responded to the criticism via Twitter.