Travis Scott will keep his no. 1 status for December 8 after the recount

Billboard have announced that Travis Scott’s ‘Astroworld’ will remain number one on official records following a recount between the streams and sales of his and Tekashi 6ix9ine’s ‘Dummy Boy’.

On December 2, Billboard announced that ‘Astroworld’ would return to number 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, ahead of ‘Dummy Boy’ which debuted at number 2.

However, shortly after the Billboard announcement, there were rumours that there had been a counting error meaning some of Tekashi 6ix9ine sales and streams were not included. Days later, Billboard announced that Neilsen Music were examining the numbers after “a processing discrepancy.”

Now, according to TMZ, ‘Astroworld’ will retain its number one status for the disputed week (December 8), with a spokesperson from Billboard seemingly confirming the news to TMZ.

The spokesperson is reported to have said: “In a historically close race, after a rigorous review of the process and the methodology by which the No. 1 ranking on last week’s Billboard 200 album chart was awarded to Travis Scott’s ‘Astroworld’, we concluded that no correction was warranted.”

Earlier this month (December 3), Scott revealed that he was applying to Harvard. In a 2017 interview, the star had previously suggested he would take a break from music after his third album and go to architecture school at the Ivy League college. “Me and my friend Dozie are supposed to go to Harvard, go to architecture school at Harvard,” he said.

Scott has now confirmed he is ready to apply to the prestigious school, writing on Twitter: “Im applying to Harvard In a couple days. And I really am excited…SOMEBODY PINCH ME!!!”

On December 2, Scott visited the college to teach a masterclass on creativity. Fans shared footage of the rapper visiting one of the campus’ libraries beforehand as well as clips of him on stage during the class.

Meanwhile, Police are reportedly investigating Tekashi 6ix9ine in connection with the shooting of Chief Keef.

The 22-year-old controversial rapper, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, was arrested by federal police earlier last month (November 18) and was accused of being a part of violent gang Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods. He has since pleaded not guilty to the racketeering and firearms charges levelled against him. He could serve up to life imprisonment if found guilty.

Now, it has emerged that the NYPD are also investigating him after TMZ posted a video of him Facetiming Keef’s cousin, Tadoe, in late May – repeatedly asking for his location and saying, “I got a 30 pack on him right now, Blood” (which some believe to mean he has ordered a $30,000 hit on Keef).

Despite being in prison, the rapper released his new album ‘Dummy Boy’ last week.