Cold Collective and Transit singer and vocalist Tim Landers has died.

Boston band Cold Collective posted on their official Facebook page to confirm his passing earlier this evening (February 3).

“The news has already been circulating, and unfortunately we are here to confirm what is being said,” they posted alongside an image of Landers performing.

“Our vocalist Tim Landers passed away suddenly, February 2, 2019. At this time we please ask for your respect and understanding in this time of grieving. We will comment further when we find the words.”

Transit tweeted a photo of the Massachusetts musician, with the words: “rest in peace tim landers”.

Landers’ partner Nicole Theiss shared the news on via her personal Facebook account earlier today, touching on the musician’s struggles with addiction and his mental health.

She wrote: “I lost my best friend and soulmate last night. Tim Landers and I met back when I was in Optometry school in Boston. We fell in love quickly, we moved in together, he’d bring me all the coffee while I studied my brains off, I’d go to all his shows with the new band he started.

“We had our own thing called ‘work night’; I’d paint while listening to him write and record. We were there for each other for all of our successes and defeats. We were always talking about our future together, life in Toronto, having a family.”

Theiss went on to praise Landers’ “positive outlook on life”, saying that he “was supportive of everyone around him” and “such a GOOD person”.

“I found out some time into our relationship he suffered from some mental health issues and addiction,” she added. “He fought the fight, he went to war last year, did all the things you’re supposed to do to get help and back on your feet. He was coming on to almost 9 months sober and unfortunately this terrible sickness won with one slip.”

Cold Collective released their debut album ‘Bachelorette Party’ back in 2016. In October last year, the group shared their new single ‘Don’t Forget To Leave’. Landers directed the song’s official video, which you see above.

Landers departed Transit in 2014, with the band later breaking up in 2016.

Tributes to Tim Landers have been posted by Neck Deep, Citizen, ROAM, and more.