Sir Tom Jones apparently gets into fights if he's been drinking vodka.

The 74-year-old star has been showing off his fun personality as a mentor on The Voice UK since 2012.

Danny O'Donoghue from Irish band The Script was on the first and second series, with will.i.am and Jessie J also on the panel.

While he and Jessie might have left, he still likes to head on a night out with his former colleagues - as long as Tom behaves.

"I'm in Los Angeles soon, so I'm going to see if Tom is free to hook up for a barbecue," Danny shared with the British edition of OK! magazine.

"I went out drinking with him once till 7am. He loves champagne. I asked him why and he said, 'I used to drink beer and I put on weight, so I went on to vodkas and got so drunk I kept getting into fights.'

"Will.i.am and I write and produce together. I haven't seen Jessie J, but we've been texting. She was great when my mom was ill, texting me support."

The third season of The Voice saw Australian popstar Kylie Minogue join the panel, alongside the Kaiser Chief's Ricky Wilson.

While Ricky is staying, Kylie has decided to leave, with rumours Rita Ora could replace her. But Danny, 33, thinks taking her spot could be tough.

"Kylie was very good - she has a great energy," he said. "It's going to be hard, as she's a national treasure, so finding someone who has that kind of draw... If I was [channel] the BBC, I'd fork out the money and get her back."