"Who can forget the hot doctor/ That he played in Jurassic"

James Corden has paid tribute to Jeff Goldblum in a parody of Ariana Grande‘s recent hit ‘Thank U, Next’.

The Late, Late Show host showed his appreciation for the actor on Wednesday night’s (December 5) show with his own version of Grande’s throwback video. As with the internet-breaking original, Corden’s version references a number of films, with Goldblum gamely playing along.

In the video, a silken pyjama-wearing Corden lovingly flicks through a sketchbook filled with pictures of Goldblum, perfectly recreating Grande recreating a key scene from the beloved 2004 comedy Mean Girls.

Later on, it gets very meta with Goldblum appearing as the pushy mother from Mean Girls – a role played by Kris Jenner in Grande’s video – cheering on Corden and a troupe of dancers dressed as various characters from Goldblum’s career. You can watch the video below.

Corden picks out his own highlights from Goldblum’s career, singing: “First saw him in The Fly/ But his face was grotesque/ Then he won independence/ From an alien mess/ And in Thor: Ragnorok/ His performance was classic/ But who could forget the hot doctor/ That he played in Jurassic.”

Grande took to Twitter to respond to the parody, writing “omg…… may i please….. please for christmas have the thank u, jeff book? it’s for a friend. promise.”

Earlier this month, Grande’s ‘Thank U, Next’ video broke YouTube’s premiere record, with 829,000 fans viewing the clip at the same time upon its release. It’s said that the video hit the one million mark in less than 34 minutes. The song also became the fastest song in Spotify history to surpass 100 million streams.

The records are coming in thick and fast for Grande, with it being revealed that she is the most streamed artist worldwide on Spotify.

Meanwhile, Goldblum fans can now own a statue of a shirtless Jeff Goldblum in one his most defining poses as Dr. Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park.

A giant statue of Goldblum as Dr. Malcom appeared in Potters Fields this summer. “It was lovely, I liked that whole statue,” said Goldblum. “I don’t know what it looked like in the flesh, or in the concrete, I didn’t see it. I saw pictures of it”.