90665.jpg

Taylor Swift has made a huge donation to a sick fan's fundraising appeal.

Naomi Oakes, an 11-year-old Taylor admirer, is bravely fighting acute myelogenous leukemia (cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells) and has chosen her idol's hit tune Bad Blood as her theme song.

Over the weekend Naomi's family posted a video of the youngster's story on YouTube. As she'll be hospitalised for the next six to nine months, Naomi will be missing Taylor's concert in Phoenix in August. The video also asked for people to help get a message to the megastar with the hashtag #TeamNaomi.

The message was received loud and clear by Taylor, and she generously donated $50,000 to Naomi's Go Fund Me page, which was set up by her uncle to help supplement her expensive medical care.

Taylor also left a message next to the donation.

"To the beautiful and brave Naomi. I'm sorry you have to miss it, but there will always be more concerts. Let's focus on getting you feeling better. I'm sending the biggest hugs to you and your family," she wrote.

In response to the gesture, another video was uploaded of Naomi.

"I can barely breathe. I seriously think I'm going to pass out right now," Naomi exclaimed.

This isn't the first time Taylor has put up her own money to help a fan. Last month after a concert goer missed most of the Shake It Off singer's London Hyde Park gig due to a delayed flight from Amsterdam, Taylor decided to give her tickets to another show.

"I'm really sorry you missed it but if you can get to Dublin I'll buy you tickets! Sorry to hear about the travel nightmare. (sic)," she posted to the fan.