89941.jpg

Taraji P. Henson wants LL Cool J to be her lover on Empire.

The Oscar nominated actress stars as Cookie Lyon in the hit Fox musical drama. While her character had some passionate moments in series one, for the next season, she feels like Cookie needs a lot more loving.

'[Cookie] wants more nookie,' she laughed to Access Hollywood before naming her 'dream lover' as the Mama Said Knock You Out rapper. 'Ya know?! Hint! I mean why not? He's music, like, that's a no-brainer. He has a lot of muscles. We can make [onscreen husband] Luscious very jealous."

The 44-year-old is riding high on the success of Empire, which also stars Terrence Howard as her ex-husband. As well as being a hit with fans, Taraji won a Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series. But the star insists that she's worked hard to achieve her goals since she first started out with small TV roles in the late 90s.

'It doesn't happen overnight. I'm a living testimony, it takes time and focus and [you've] just gotta stay in your lane and not compare yourself to other people," she said. "There's no time limit. Like no one can say to you, 'At this age, this is the age you should make it. This is the age you should blow up.' Like, no one knows. I'm living testimony!"

Actresses often struggle to secure good roles after a certain age but thankfully for Taraji, her career is only going from strength to strength.

'They're saying at my age my career should be over, it's just getting started!' she grinned.