The rapper's latest single has been removed from YouTube

T-Pain has responded to accusations that he ripped off a Bollywood track, claiming that he had “never heard” the music before.

The rapper released his new single ‘That’s Yo Money’ earlier this week. Shortly after, many people began to point out that it was strikingly similar to 2013’s ‘Tum Hi Ho’ – released as part of the soundtrack to Bollywood film Aashiqui 2.

The track’s writer Mithun Sharma also called out T-Pain via Twitter. “Sir, the melody that you have used in your new song is my original work for a previously released Hindi film,” he posted. “The Label is looking into this.”

Aashiqui 2’s director Mohit Suri also weighed in. “Dunno why but this seems familiar,” he tweeted. “It’s a melody from Mithun’s song buddy.”

After the track was removed from YouTube due to “a copyright claim by a third party”, T-Pain has taken to Twitter to claim that he didn’t produce the track and had no prior knowledge of any similarities.

T-Pain posted: “I definitely didn’t produce this song. Had no idea that was a sample and have never heard the music before I got the beat from the producer. Easy thing to work out. The labels will be in contact. Thanx.”

At present, ‘That’s Yo Money’ is still available to stream on Spotify.

T-Pain released his fifth studio album, ‘Oblivion’, last year. He also unveiled ‘T-Wayne’, a long-awaited mixtape in collaboration with Lil Wayne. The 8-track collection was originally recorded and teased back in 2009.