Spoon have begun streaming their eighth record, They Want My Soul, which spans the group's signature indie rock and excursions into electro-pop, in advance of its August 5th release date, via iTunes Radio. The group recorded the album with producers Joe Chiccarelli (My Morning Jacket, Counting Crows) and Dave Fridmann (The Flaming Lips, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah).

Earlier this year, frontman Britt Daniel described the album to Rolling Stone as "warmer and more inclusive" than their last record, 2010's Transference. The group also previewed the album by sharing a 30-second video sampler of the whole LP, the garage rocky track "Rent I Pay," a cover of Ann-Margaret's "I Just Don't Understand," as well as releasing videos for "Do You" and "Inside Out."

In July, the band announced that it would be beating Jack White at his own vinyl-fetish game by offering up the first-ever "vinyl gratification" preorder plan in July. Fans who preordered the LP edition of the album received a 10-inch that featured They Want My Soul's first single, "Do You." "If like me, you've ever rushed home with a brand new record that you couldn't wait to play —and couldn't actually play until you slapped it onto your turntable — I hope the 'Vinyl Gratification' program will bring back some magic for you," Daniel said in a statement at the time. "And I hope you'll join us in supporting the independent record shops that have supported us for so long."