The Fleetwood Mac star said she still felt close to the deceased Icon

Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks has revealed that she still feels a close connection to Prince.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Nicks also reflected on her career ahead of her second induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame – this time as a solo artist.

Speaking about Prince, Nicks said she regrets that the two never shared a stage together before his death, saying “we all think we’re immortal.”

She continued: “I feel like Prince is with me…When I’m nervous, I’ll talk to Prince. In my solo act, when I do ‘Moonlight’, I wear this white wolfy coat — I put this coat on and I try to transform into a Dire Wolf from Game of Thrones. And before I go on, I always say, ‘Walk with me, Prince.’”

Nicks also went on to say that she and Prince were “strange friends” and recalled how her single ‘Stand Black’ was inspired by his song, ‘Little Red Corvette.’ She also shared her memories of Prince attending her Sunset Sound Studio to hear and play on the song.

“Then he was gone — he was like a spirit then,” Nicks says. “We always had that crazy respect for each other. I feel that connection is still there, maybe more now than before he died — with Tom [Petty] and with Prince.”

Meanwhile, speaking about her second induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame back in December, Nicks said: “For now I will just say, I have been in a band since 1968. To be recognized for my solo work makes me take a deep breath and smile. It’s a glorious feeling.”

Other nominees inducted this year include Radiohead, Janet Jackson, The Cure, Roxy Music, Def Leppard, and the Zombies.