90800.jpg

Gwen Stefani thinks Eminem is a real weirdo.

The Sweet Escape singer teamed up with the rapper on new track Kings Never Die. Gwen had wanted to work with the 42-year-old for a long time and she is inspired by his unique personality.

'He's so incredible. He's a real artist. He's a real weirdo," the singer told Entertainment Tonight.

The 45-year-old has worked with the likes of Eve, Akon and Pharrell Williams in the past.

And it seems the feeling of appreciation and respect was mutual as Eminem rang the mother-of-three to thank her for her efforts.

Gwen admits she was a bit nervous when Eminem, who is also father to three children himself, called, because the songstress was expecting an expletive-laden conversation to take place.

'I'm driving, literally driving in the minivan with all my kids in the car... and on Bluetooth, somebody calls. And I'm like, 'Hello?' And it was him!" she continued. "And he's like, 'Hey just wanted to say thanks for doing the song. And I was like, 'You don't understand- I have all my kids in the car. You can't call me right now. All my kids are in the car! Don't say any bad words!' I was literally going to soccer practice. But I was like, 'I'm gonna make your song so cool!'"

Gwen and Eminem's tune Kings Never Die, which features on the soundtrack for forthcoming boxing movie Southpaw, was released on Friday July 10. The movie Southpaw, which stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker and Rachel McAdams, hits US theatres July 24.