Speedy Ortiz have written a Christmas song, reports Consequence Of Sound.

The Northampton, Massachusetts band have shared their festive track 'X Actually (Demo)' online. It follows their debut album 'Major Arcana', which was released earlier this year. You can listen to the track below.

The group, who are fronted by Sadie Dupuis, will play their debut UK shows in February next year, including an NME Awards show at London venue Birthdays (February 18). They will also release their 'Real Hair' EP just before the shows, with the record hitting shelves on February 10.

Recently, Dupuis revealed she attended the same high school as Lana Del Rey, although they didn't know each other at the time, whilst reviewing the singer's short film Tropico for website The Talkhouse.

She wrote: "I remember almost nothing about Lizzy Grant, who, only a few years older than me, served as both arts and literary editor of two campus publications, and sang in several school choirs. I know her better as Lana Del Rey, the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" by which she now self-identifies 10 years after graduating from Kent."

Speedy Ortiz will play:

Birmingham Hare and Hound (February 13)
Leeds Brudenell Social Club (14)
Glasgow Broadcast (15)
Manchester Deaf Institute (16)
London Birthdays (18)
London The Lexington (19)
Brighton Green Door Store (20)