Heavy rain hit the area this weekend

Soulja Boy was involved in a “very bad” car crash last night after getting caught up in Californian flash floods and mudslides.

The US rapper – whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way – took to Twitter to say that his car “almost went into the ocean” as a result of mudslides in Malibu.

“Was involved in a very bad car accident last night due to a flash flood and mudslide,” he wrote. The ‘Crank That’ artist also retweeted an image of stuck vehicles, along with the message: “My car got stuck too almost went into the ocean.”

It was reported that the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu – close to the Los Angeles and Ventura County line – was shut down by flooding yesterday (January 5).

Earlier today, the National Weather Service Twitter account issued safety information – advising those in the area to avoid walking or driving through flood waters and to move immediately to higher ground.

LA County Sherrif’s Department also took to Twitter to post a “mudslide alert” following the bouts of heavy rain. “There have been NO evacuations ordered for LA County side as of now,” they said.

Meanwhile, last month saw Soulja Boy apologise for being ‘tricked’ into posting anti-semitic video messages.

The rapper had signed up to Cameo, a site that gives fans the opportunity to pay celebrities for personalised videos. While using the platform, he was said to have been coerced into recording anti-semitic propaganda.

“I was tricked,” Soulja Boy told the New York Times. “I apologize to anyone I offended. I thought it was just a shoutout for a fan. I didn’t know it had a negative meaning behind it.”