The guitarist was asked to reconsider their catalogue in the light of the #MeToo movement

Slash has admitted that some classic Guns N’ Roses songs are “sort of sexist” in a new interview.

The guitarist was asked to consider the band’s back catalogue in light of the #MeToo movement, which was revivified last year as sexual misconduct stories from Hollywood and the entertainment world were made public.

“I’ve never thought of that,” Slash told Yahoo! Music. “It’s never crossed my mind. I mean, I think when the #MeToo thing really blew up, the thought crossed my mind of a bunch of musicians – not particular ones – but just musicians [who might be implicated]. But for the most part, as far as the ones I know, it wasn’t like that.”

He continued: “We didn’t have that particular [predatory] relationship with girls. It was a lot more the other way around in some cases. Anyway, so some of the songs are all that were sort of sexist in their own way, but not to be taken that seriously. I don’t think they were malicious or anything/”

It’s not the first time Slash has spoken about the #MeToo movement. Last month, the guitarist said he supports the movement but is concerned about the potential for false accusations.

“The problem is that you could be falsely accused of something, but it almost doesn’t matter – it’s out there,” he said. “Even if you were to get your name cleared, the damage is already done. And that’s pretty sad.”

Meanwhile, he has also spoken out on the chances of a new Guns N’ Roses album happening. “It’s been talked about,” he said earlier this summer. “I think everybody wants to do it, and we’ll just see what happens. We’ve been busy doing this running around the planet.”

The band’s last album, ‘Chinese Democracy‘, was released in 2008 and, at the time, was the group’s first record in 15 years.