Sigrid's debut album will drop on March 1

Norweigan pop star Sigrid has today announced the release of her debut album, ‘Sucker Punch’.

The album will be released on March 1 via Island Records. Sigrid, who won the BBC Sound of 2018, said the experience of the last year will form the backdrop of her debut.

Speaking about the album, Sigrid added: “I figured out early on that it’s gonna be difficult for me to try and be anything other than who I am. I always said if I’m gonna do this it’s easiest to be myself and look like myself, where I can recognise myself.”

Earlier this week, Sigrid was announced as part of the Top of the Pops Christmas line-up alongside Christine and the Queens and George Ezra.

In November, the star was also announced as one of the first headliners for Øya Festival 2019, with the acclaimed Norwegian event celebrating its 20th year.

The title track from Sigrid’s debut album was released in October following the release of this summer’s ‘Raw’ EP.

Speaking about the song, Sigrid said: “‘Sucker Punch’ is one of my favourite songs so far and I’ve been so excited for release day.

“Emily Warren, Martin Sjølie and I made it when we were in Ocean Sound Recordings in my hometown a while ago. The song is just a result of our usual way of working: talking, cooking, strolling, singing, dancing, experimenting…! Ugh it was so fun – just like the track itself.”

Next year, the star will support George Ezra on tour across the UK. You can buy any remaining tickets for the events here.