89349.jpg

Ed Sheeran thinks pop stars are more "sensible" and "savvy" these days.

The 24-year-old singer songwriter is arguably one of the most popular musicians on the planet thanks to his hit albums + and x. With several awards under his belt, including four Brits, Ed is no doubt an expert on what sells, which he thinks is a valuable quality to have.

'I know it's not a very artistic thing to be, into the way things work, but I wanna know everything. Drake's the same, Taylor Swift knows everything about everything," he explained to British magazine The Big Issue.

'Pop stars nowadays are just more sensible, more savvy. Because it doesn't last as long. It's do your time, earn your money, buy some property and when it all goes to sh*t you've got something to fall back on."

He added that upon signing a record deal, his manager ordered for Ed to be given the same deal as James Blunt. It certainly paid off, as the red-headed star admits if offered the chance alone he would've instead got excited and ignored the money aspect.

True to his word, Ed has three houses to his name already - a far cry from his days sleeping rough in London, UK, while trying to make it big in 2009.

'I actually thrived, because I had to work, I had to find more gigs, places to stay. I never woke up thinking I'm hard done by," he insisted.

'What has p**sed me off is I kept a diary from 2009 to 2010 and then I stopped because I just got really busy. If I'd written everything down from that point to this point it would've been a very cool thing to publish. I've still got the passage about ringing round, 'You got a sofa? No... Spare room? Nah...' Yikes. Heating vent.'