"I didn't want it to be pretty?

Sharon Van Etten has revealed her new single ‘Comeback Kid’ as well announcing new album ‘Remind Me Tomorrow’. Check it out below.

Following on from 2014’s acclaimed ‘Are We There‘, Van Etten’s upcoming fifth album is a synth-driven sonic departure that she insists she “didn’t want to be pretty”. Produced by John Congleton, the record was written while the singer-songwriter was pregnant, going to school for psychology, and amid her work appearing in The OA audition and onstage in David Lynch’s revival of Twin Peaks.

“I want to be a mom, a singer, an actress, go to school, but yeah, I have a stain on my shirt, oatmeal in my hair and I feel like a mess, but I’m here,” said Van Etten of the album. “Doing it. This record is about pursuing your passions.”

Speaking to NME about the sound of the album, Van Etten said: “While writing a lot of this, I was tired of the guitar and felt like I was writing a lot of the same songs. I moved into a practice space with someone who had a couple of keyboards and a synthesiser.

“A lot of the songs were written on a synth or a ‘70s Korg organ while tracking drums to it. It’s a lot darker and there are more beats. It’s not as acoustic driven and the songs are more uptempo. It’ll definitely be a bigger and darker sound, and a lot more electronic-feeling.”

Sharon Van Etten shares throbbing new single ‘Comeback Kid’ and announces album ‘Remind Me Tomorrow’
As for lyrical inspiration, she continued: “I’m reflecting on being in an all-round better place and bringing life to Earth during a mix of emotions. Past records have been heartbreak records or break-up records. This is still an album of love songs, but about the state of the world while trying to stay positive for another human being.”

‘Comeback Kid’ will be released on January 18 via Jagjaguwar.

The tracklist for ‘Remind Me Tomorrow’ is:
1. I Told You Everything
2. No One’s Easy To Love
3. Memorial Day
4. Comeback Kid
5. Jupiter 4
6. Seventeen
7. Malibu
8. You Shadow
9. Hands
10. Stay