Sharon Osbourne once slashed her wrist to impress husband Ozzy.

The 61-year-old matriarch has been married to 65-year-old Black Sabbath rocker Ozzy for 32 years.

Around the time they ignited their romance, Sharon admits she did insane things to show her feelings for the Black Sabbath rocker.

"I've never discussed it out of embarrassment of how stupid I was at the time to do such a thing to myself," Sharon said on her US TV show The Talk. "I was 27, I was just going out with Ozzy at the time. and when we first got together, we would drink a lot together.

"We had a session of partying. and it's about 4 in the morning and he says to me, 'How much do you really love me?'. And I'm saying, 'I'd do anything for you, anything, I absolutely adore you. I'd give my life for you.'

"I'm like, 'I'll show you how much I love you, I'd die for you'. so I went to a room service table. and there was a steak knife. I get the knife and I'm like, 'I love you so much' and slash, slash, slash on my wrist.'"

Sharon reveals an ambulance was called shortly after the self-inflicted slashing because the wound was very deep and continued to bleed.

When emergency medical teams arrived on the scene, she told them she was being a 'dramatic drunk'. But they ultimately ruled the cut was an attempted suicide and the star was hauled to hospital.

"They put me on lockdown!" Sharon recalled of her hospitalisation. "I permanently scarred my wrist and I was on lockdown for being overly dramatic and drunk. now, I tell everyone I was attacked by a dog."