90505.jpg

Selena Gomez definitely had a "thing" going with Zedd.

The singer-and-actress, 22, was first linked to the 25-year-old musician at the beginning of the year but by April it was reported they had split.

DJ Diplo put his oar in at the time, saying the relationship had merely been a publicity stunt. But Justin Bieber's ex claims it was the real deal and even refers to Zedd by his real name, Anton.

'He said that was a joke,' she said of Diplos comments in an interview with New Zealand's The Edge radio station. 'I talked to him. He said it was a joke. It's very interesting that Diplo would think he knew about my personal life, but he doesn't.

'I adore Anton a lot and I definitely had a thing with him, which was nice."

She added the Russian-German star would "maybe" be embarrassed by her use of his Christian moniker. But he's not the only star who gets the formal treatment from Selena. Her best friend Taylor Swift is currently loved up with Scottish DJ Calvin Harris, whose real name is Adam.

"I made this a deal. I said it to Calvin Harris too. I was like, 'Look, you guys have two names. It really is frustrating. I need to know which name I should call you because I don't know what is what.' So I speak with the real names. Adam and Anton," she laughed.

So that's that cleared up, but is it true Selena called Katy Perry straight after starring in Taylor's video for Bad Blood, which is thought to be about the girls' feud?

"That's false, I love Katy. I just talked to her," Selena clarified. "She's amazing. But I didn't talk about that, but I just talked to her. She's awesome."